Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Visit from the Boys in Blue

The neighbors called the cops on me tonight.

Just after dark. Say 7ish. Me in the garage, one roller door up, the mini sticking out by about one third. They must have had about all the angle grinder noise they could take. Fair enough I guess. Would have preferred a quiet word in person though.

I was welding when they showed up. Gave me a yell.
The conversation went something like this [through the mini since it is jammed sideways in the door]:

Me: G'day. Wasup?
Cops: We've had a complaint about noise. Something about an angle grinder and loud music. Have you been using a grinder?
Me: Yep, a bit earlier.
[radio is on JJJ in the background]
Cops: And the radio you've haven't had it louder?
Me: Nope. Is it too loud?
Cops: [Look at eacher other] Nah that's alright.
Cop2: You might wanna just close the door if you're making noise.
Cop1: Err, you probably want to do that sort of thing during the day.
Me: No problem. I'll leave the grinder alone tonight.
Cops: So no more grinding?
Me: Right.

Can't imagine it was well spent tax payer money. I bet some poor bugger was getting their house broken into as we spoke.

And I bet the same bloody neighbor won't bother to call the cops when some bastard is ransacking the garage and making away with my tools & stuff.

So I guess this means I have to start getting a whole heap more out of my weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home