Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stripe & Clear coat

Today I got up early to ride up to brissy to get the white for the stripe from the PPG guys. Should have got it the other day when I was there with the car but forgot.

Got Yo to help me mask it all up.


The weather was threatening the whole time. So I decided just to go with a single stripe to make it easier. Eventually it started to spit rain, so into the garage.






Went to lunch feeling pretty happy, but had actually made a big fcuk-up, yet undiscovered.



I had forgotten to mask the vent hole. When I sprayed the white it got inside the tent and onto my lovely blue paint.

So I had to scuff and retouch some of it. Of course to do that we had to now mask up the nice white stripe. Some choice words were muttered.



Later on it was time for the clear coat.




Some more minor stuff ups with drips from the gun, etc.
Hopefully it will buff up ok.

Makes me realise how much experience matters when doing this sort of work, and how I have none. I was contantly learning by making mistakes. I'm sure a professional would have had a good laugh at me today. Oh well, hopefully it will atleast look pretty from a distance and keep rust from spreading.

Looking forward to having a rolling shell again soon.

[26th Sept 2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home