Saturday, October 28, 2006

Engine install

Dropped the motor in today.

Took some stuffing around in the morning putting everything back on the motor. The plan was to have siclad help me drop it in.

But then discovered that I didn't have the bracket that goes from the engine mount to the radiator shroud.

Siclad dropped in for an hour or so on the way through.

Had to stuff around and go up to Southport and find one on another motor I have
up there.

The install technique was a new one for me: chain block swung over the I-beam in
the roof of the garage, mini is on caster wheel, slip it in under the motor & lower. Worked well enough to do by myself. Was scheming up how to hook a 12v motor up to the chain block though, since keeping the chain off the bodywork is a challenge. Could be a nice little project later.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home